WE GUARANTEE FISH!
A minimum charge of $450 for 1-2 people. $150 per additional person up to 6 people on one boat. Charge is per boat. We can accomodate large groups as long as we know in advance. Additional boats for a group larger than 5-6 people are available.
Price does not include live bait which starts on May 1st. Price of bait is not included due to the rates of fuel. Price for bait may go up or down depending on the time of year and the cost of fuel for the Bait Fisherman.
I will make all the accomodations for the bait and have them onbaord the day of your trip.
Bait and Cost: WHY PAY FOR SOMETHING YOU MAY NOT NEED IN A "INCLUDED IN PRICE CHARTER"
To be fair with everyone I leave this up to the clients. Some know how much they want and some leave it open to us to make the call. It's unfair to clients to figure a "BAIT INCLUDED PRICE". Why? Are we targeting Redfish or Trout? I would never recommend 50 shrimp per person for a Redfish trip, but highly recommend it for a Trout trip.Maybe will be using dead bait, or artifical.
This is why I have stayed away from a Charter price that includes bait. I hope everyone understands!
How much bait and how much should we budget for bait? I usually tell people to average in $20-25 per person depending on the bait (shrimp, minnows, or croakers). Remember that running out of bait on a good bite is not what you want to happen! I can guide you on this based on how the weeks charters have been if you want to leave it to me. I will talk to you and make a agreement before hand on the amount of bait I should have for you for you charter.
Deposits are refundable if cancelled 2 weeks before your charter date. $150 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations of a trip inside the 2 week time frame and $250 within a weeks notice. (This is only due to not being able to book another charter within a weeks notice.)Dates can be moved around if the captain and clients agree of a forseen weather problem such as rain, and the deposit will transfer to that date. We recieve many calls about available dates and if a charter is cancelled in a weeks notice it's hard to rebook that date. Most of the time we have already referred you to another Captain and we are stuck with a day open and not able to refill.
When do we leave?
Fishing Charters start around safe light and I will contact you a couple of days ahead of your trip to let you know what time to meet and where depending on the marina used. We return to the Marina around 1:30 to start cleaning your catch! This is not set in stone. If we feel we need to stay longer to make for a better trip than we will. Sometimes we are in before 1:30 with your catch. It's going to depend on the fish,tide,weather, and the bite!
What is included in the price of fishing my charter?
- FREE FISH CLEANING and bagging of your days catch
- A Licensed and Insured Professional Charter Captain with knowledge of the waters we will be fishing that day.
- Use of our fishing rods and reels for the day. * Thanks to our sponsors! * (FALCON AND TUF-LINE)
- Fuel (NO EXTRA FUEL CHARGE LIKE OTHERS HAVE)
- Ice for drinks,fish, and your ice chest of bagged filets for departure.
- Bottled Water and Gatorade
- All tackle such as the use corks,artifical lures, Jig heads, Hooks, Lures,line, etc. * Compliments of our wonderful sponsors.
- Pictures on and off the boat with you and your guest with your daily catch!
- A enjoyable time for all!
- A Louisiana Fish Fry Cajun Gift Box with 11 of Louisiana's favorite seasonings and mixes. *THANKS TO OUR GREAT SPONSOR ( LOUISIANA FISH FRY PRODUCTS)
Purchase of live bait is an added expense as stated above and it is sometimes necessary to GUARANTEE FISH. We can make these arrangements for you and have everything ready for when you arrive.
What to bring?
- Medicine ( Please advise us of medication on board in case of a emergency)
- Hat or Visor
- Non Marking Sole Shoes
- Ice Chest for your filets of fish to take home
- Favorite fishing tackle if you want, but is not needed. I will provide fishing poles to use on the trip.
- Snacks or lunch ( I usually have snacks onboard, but if you have a special snack then bring it!)
- Camera for taken pictures of your catch, birds, and other wildlife Louisiana has to offer.
- Louisiana Fishing License * Out of State Clients can purchase a license under my charters license. The verification number must be on you during your charter trip.